View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 09:17 AM   #2727
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke1486 View Post
Yes thats what i was looking to get the tempatures in my place vary a lot so i want something that will be set to certain temps and keep the cigars fresher longer. Thanks
Keeping both the humidity and the temperature in a desirable range will keep the cigars smoking great for years. I think that is what you meant by 'fresher'.

Many of us keep our cigars around 64% humidity but up to 70% seems fine for a whole lot of people as well. I keep the temperature of my cigars below about 76 degrees, although it only gets that warm in August and September. Most of the time, my cigars are around 66 degrees. Beetles are a real problem for both Cuban and Non-Cuban (NC) cigars. Above about 70 degrees can cause some issues. See the sticky on the science of freezing cigars for more information.

If you get a system that is electronically cooled, ask about it on this board before you buy. There are several vendors that make great systems but also make systems that can destroy the cigars, since most of the systems are designed for wine. It's a buyer beware world when it comes to buying temperature control for cigars, unless you want to spend serious money.

As for humidity control, beads are the way to go. Look up cigarnut on this board as be manufactures the best of the best, in my opinion.
markem is offline   Reply With Quote