View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 04:49 PM   #9
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rattray old gowrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel View Post
Great to know! I'm trying to keep all this knowledge stored but I'm learning so much so quickly it's hard Haha. I know taste is subject but why do I see so many people throwing these blends into their deep cellars? I see a lot of maltese falcon, Peter heinrichs stuff (which doesnt most of PH's stuff have a hint of flavor casings added?)
It is not necessarily stronger flavors that age well. Take for example Rocky Patel Edge cigars, they were fairly strong, but they age poorly. Cubans are usually on the milder side, but they age very well.

Personally, I think it is quality - natural goodness that ages well. So, usually VAs are natural, as are VaPers, so they usually age well.

So, what do you see people throwing into deep cellars?

If you are talking about the Peter Heinrichs stuff going into cellars, it is the natural stuff, not the stuff that is cased.

Interesingly, there are some great VAs and VaPers that many people claim have flavors added, but they were not added. These blends have those flavors by natural means of aging the tobacco before blending, and then possibly new flavors that grew in them because of their natural sweetness.

When I send stuff to you, I will send some blends that show the increased evidence of the natural sugar, as the crystals have risen to the surface - it is a pretty sight. You can tell the difference between mold and sugar crystals - mold is furry while the sugars are crystalline - very evidently so.

Peace of the Lord be with you.