Thread: Sous vide
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2019, 07:39 AM   #765
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sous vide

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Lamb leg ordered for pickup on Saturday, needed to repeat for the last finale on Sunday. Haven't cooked a full leg of lamb since the first time I made it a couple years ago and don't intend to change it in any way, hoping for an equally delicious and visually appealing outcome. I'll post up the results. I'm very excited
That lamb from youe original post sounds great Ben....hope you can replicate it...looking forward to results

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
No pics, but I sous vide a 3lb tri tip yesterday (from Whole Foods) — I used a ginger, garlic lime marinade, followed by a 60 second-per-side sear in hot cast iron. I think this was my best tri tip yet.
Michael, curious as to marinade process...did you marinate in vac seal bag for a time first, then sous vide?....or pour into bag right before sous vide?