View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 08:16 AM   #35
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apple Announces iPhone 4S

I read about the ios5 update a month or two ago and have been totally stoked since I first heard about the features. I re-read this morning, and it is absolutely amazing how many more features and how much versatility this OS will add to my ipad and iphone.
Even stuff as simple as location-based-notifications. If I make a note to get milk on the way home, my phone will notify me when I get near the grocery store.
All my music, movies, and books in a cloud. I use Kindle on my phone and ipad, and can't even express how awesome it is to go from one device to the other and start reading right where I left off. Now I can do this with every feature on every device.
This platform just gets better and better and better. It's just because it's all so intuitive, kindergarten easy and user-friendly. This OS update will make the devices even a greater tool for everyday living.
My only fear is that it'll all make me even stupider than I already am. I only know 2 phone numbers. If I ever get lost, or need to call someone in an emergency, I'm in HUGE trouble. That's the one negative that scares me about this stuff.
What's good is that the icloud feature will fix that. Now I can access that stuff from anywhere. While it may not be instant, it's a far cry from being out in the cold because of my technology induced mental paralysis.