white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
Trading: (20)
white_s2k is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ChasDen's Trays (pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasDen View Post
That's a great question and I cant believe I did not think to mention it, Thanks for bringing it up. The cedar is kiln dried Spanish Cedar bought from a supplier in the the mid west. I precut the pieces (95% of them) a few weeks before I need, 12 days I think on this batch. I cut them over sized and trim them when final assembly time comes. The precut pieces are stored in my garage that maintained a RH in the high 60's. Once completed they were all wiped out with a damp clean cloth soaked with distilled water. This batch should be very close to being ready to go but it would be wise to monitor the RH in them the first few days or weeks to make sure. If its low, push the glass top back to create a gap in the front or remove it completely until they stabilize.

Thanks for the photos and review Josh

Chas
Good to know, the Vino has been closed for about 3 hours now and the RH has creeped up from 40 to 49 so I'm not worried at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasDen View Post
How did they match the furniture?

Chas
First thing my girlfriend said was "Wow, they're the same color as the wood on the sofa." They came out perfect.

Josh