View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #3
Thrak
.. the man from Nantucket

Trading: (2)
HUpmann
Thrak is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Google Chrome book

I've had one for a LONG time, years... I was selected to be a beta tester.

It is a very interesting concept. They've added alot more apps, and the most recent update has given it more of a traditional laptop feel. It does take some getting used to, and you'll need to really thing about what you NEED it to do.

Most everything will be stored in Google Drive, so you will have word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, etc apps via the Google Cloud.

Take a look at the Chrome Web Store and see if any of your NEEDS are available as an add-on. Web Store

All in all for what it is, its nice. We still use it. It has TONS of battery life, a great screen, and is very simple to use for the most part. (any advanced features require alot of know how) We're already pretty entwined with Google any way, so it was an easy transition for us. My wife and I each have a google account, have android phones/tablets, we share our calendars, share files on Drive, etc, so it works well for us.

The thing to remember though, unless you make an effort to move stuff to the local SSD, you MUST have internet access or the thing becomes pretty useless. The OS is basically a web browser.