View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 04:53 PM   #1
morefifemusic

Default Tobacco Of the Month Club

Hey guys,

I am looking for participants in a Tobacco Of the Month Club.

Here are the guidelines.

For right now, I would like to shoot for five people to sign up to get things up and going.

To participate:
  • You should have at least one positive trader feedback (and no negatives) and a minimum of 25 posts.
  • If you do not meet the minimum requirements (notice, I myself don't) you can still participate if you have been an active member of the forums at Club Stogie (aka Puff.com). Most of you I will recognize your user ID. If I do not, I will pm you on Puff.com to confirm your identity.
  • Post in the thread to sign up as a Monthly Tobacco Reviewer (MTR).

Procedure:
  • The Tobacco Sample Provider (TSP) for the month chooses a tobacco for the month.
  • The chosen tobacco should be of premium quality and non-aromatic.
  • Samplers should be sent out to the Monthly Tobacco Reviewers (MTRs) containing a sample of 3-4 bowls of the chosen tobacco.
  • Tobacco samples should be sent out by the end of the first week of the month to ensure timely reviews.
  • The TSP should not label the tobacco or post what kind of tobacco it is. This should be a blind review.
  • The MTRs will post a review of the sample by the last day of the current month. Guesses about what the tobacco is are ok, but the focus should be more on evaluating the quality and tastiness of the tobacco.
  • Once the end of the month rolls around, the TSP will post information on what tobacco was sent and will pick the highest quality review posted (in their opinion) to be the next TSP.

Purpose:
  • This T.O.M. Club serves several purposes. It encourages ongoing participation in the tobacco reviewing process, it gives members a chance to try different tobaccos and do blind tasting (which I think helps develop the ability to taste nuances in tobacco), and it gives us an opportunity to build up our trader feedback.

So without further ado, sign up!