Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bruce
Trading: (6)
Montecristo
RBOrrell is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scotch Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMW View Post
Impressive to say the least. Question though, how is the Superstition 15? I've heard some mixed things. I have never had it, but I hear is tastes pretty sweet (literally) throughout.
I read your post last night and I could not answer it.... so I went and poured myself a glass of it.

It does have a slight sweetness to it, especially on the finish. I could only describe it as slightly caramel.

I bought this bottle and a couple of others at the Whiskey Live show in Toronto a year or so ago. With the admission fee, you got some tickets for samples. I had one taste of Supersitition and I had to buy a bottle. I got a free sample of the Whyte & MacKay at the same show. For a blend (some called it vatted) I was blown away and the cost is reasonable.

Last Friday night I was at the CN Tower in Toronto for dinner. I had a Glenmorangie Sherry cask. It was amazing. It's next on my list to buy.

Kayaker, I see you have the Compass Box Peat Monster on your list. How do you like it? I have considered it too.