Thread: Finish
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 10:36 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Finish

Well, I have been reading some different reviews online and the use of the word "finish" has cropped up a couple times. It made me wonder.

I enjoy wine, beer, and other beverages - both with alcohol and sans.
I enjoy cigars and the occasional pipe.

In the past, when the word "finish" was used, it was a descriptor of the flavors lingering on the palate after a taste/puff was swallowed/inhaled/expelled - maybe considered the aftertaste.

Lately I have seen "finish" used to describe the last part of the cigar. I could describe the finish on puffs in all "thirds" of the cigar as that finish might develop and/or evolve as the smoke continued.

Is this use of "finish" to describe the last couple inches of a cigar a new thing? Or is this the use from those who do not know the historic use of finish?

Peace of the Lord be with you.