dadof3illinois

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (2)
Partagas
dadof3illinois is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Calling CA's Low & Slow Experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
While we are lining up t get fussed at, my 99 dollar Char-Griller turns out wicked food using indirect
smoking, I just pile my food on one 2/3 and pile coals on the other 1/3. Then when I want to grill,
it has a 5 level adjustable coals rack that can get the coals TOUCHING the grate from the bottom side.
I MIGHT be able to make a pizza, lol, but never tried it. There are far too many choices in the market-
place, some of them exceptional. All the best are pricey. Some of the priciest are not entirely
all that versatile. My rig is NOT A SMOKER. Tell that to the people that eat my ribs, though.
God I would love to have a smoke-off with the best cookers in this thread.
That would be a HUGE event. So it will come down in the end to what you HAVE to do with your rig.
If it absolutely HAS to smoke and grill, you might have cut your choices in half. If it HAS to be
electric or propane, you can cut it in half another way.

Great points and I agree 100%.

Over the past 25 years I've used electric, charcoal/wood and propane. I've found for me it really doesn't matter what my fuel source is as long as it will hold an even temp with no cold spots inside the cooker. I can add as much or as little wood/charcoal I want to impart any flavors.
dadof3illinois is offline   Reply With Quote