Old 11-04-2012, 10:28 AM   #275
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I freely admit I have at times baited people here in a passive-aggressive manner.
I do try to never strike first. If anyone here is currently on my ignore list, it is
because you do the exact same thing but can't admit it here where people can read it.
In 2010 and 2011, I allowed myself to be entangled in arguments where the other party
used the same tactics I was using. Sort of an 'insult JUST to the edge of being moderated'
and then back off with the football player move of throwing their hands up in the air in a
'it wasn't me' move.

Today I ignore people who behave in that manner. A person cannot win, its quicksand.
So if I am ever mis-characterized as ignoring for one reason or another, you can read right
here why I do it. If someone ever tries to tell you that I ignore them and comes up with the
reasons that I do it, I hope people will refer to this and see that I laid it out freely on the table.

I got PMs quoting some things that were said from last night and today. I felt it was right
to clear the air.
Hey guys, Brad is fully within his rights to ignore anyone he chooses. That's why CA has an ignore. It doesn't bother me, it does not keep me from reading his post. I guess I said something (or didn't say something) that hit under his skin in the past. I've been married 32 years, have two adult children. I get under their skins from time to time. That's just life. Many things anger me. I had major stress related health issues in my 20's because I let them anger me. Now I try not to let things bother me for more than a few days. It keeps my BP in check! Passive agressive? Hell, maybe. Not from a evil intent if so. Just who I am.

Look, for anyone that PM'd Brad, let it go. He is who he is, I'm who I am, no rules here (or in life) say we have to be friends! It doesn't bother me, it appears it doesn't bother him. So it shouldn't bother anyone else.

That being said, let's get back to SEC football

My side thought from the game.... I'm glad I'm not an LSU fan who was in Death Valley last night. I think the highs, lows and then the really highs, followed by a last minute crushing blow would have been on the rim of personal insanity. I know that for sure, because I have gone thru it with Bama with several coaches in a row, not too long ago!!! I don't think this means LSU is a worse team. I think they are the second best team in the country right now. I sincerely think LSU would mop the field with Kansas or Notre Dame if they played. Bama'QB had a bad half, LSU,s QB had a bad half. When both have a good total game, I doubt either could be beat. And playing each other with 100% QB preformance all game.... Just what we saw last night. The team with the final drive wins. We've all seen those games.