View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 06:05 PM   #1
Calexan

Default Lowering the Rh of a small humidor.

So I dont really know if its an issue with my climate, humidor, or to many beads. Heres my situation.

I have a small humidor w/ a window that will probably hold about 75-100 sticks. (I know..... ill be upgrading at some point.) It sat in a cabinet inside for about a year so i went threw the whole process of reconditioning it with distilled water for 3 days to make sure all the wood wasnt dried out. Wiped it down for every 12 hours with a small bowl of warm distilled water in between 12 hour wipe downs. Now i have a puck of 65%rh beads and have recently added a small bowl of the beads. The temp hangs out around 65-67 degrees.

After day one with just the puck it dropped from 75% to 72% but all the beads were clear after that, so i swapped them out with some fresh ones. and after addeding the new ones and the other bowl of beads its down to 70%. Im guessing i have a leak or something somewhere. My location has been right around 90% humidity for a few weeks now. Could I have too many beads in there.... im doubting this.... Ive got some 70% gel, but thats not gonna help me getting it below 70%

What are yall suggestions on how i can dry it up a little bit?