View Single Post
Old 11-24-2015, 06:51 PM   #1357
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Homebrewers - Whats in the fermenter?

When I was brewing before, I had switched to egging. Now that I'm back in the game, but doing really small batches, it doesn't make sense to keg. I'm using priming tabs. Basically sugar tablets. Supposed to use between 3-5 for differing carb levels. I did 3 in this stout, 4 in the wheat.

Just cracked open bottles of each again, after a couple more weeks of conditioning. Wow, time does make a difference. The wheat is still right on point. Maybe tone down the orange in the secondary on the next batch. But the stout is shaping up nicely. Still no head retention, most likely due to the cocoa fat from my first cacao addition. Oh well, next time I'll fix that. But the hop flavor has subsided to let the chocolate and chili flavore to come thru. I'm liking it now.