View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 08:47 AM   #1356
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: Homebrewers - Whats in the fermenter?

those sound very interesting Bob, I still need to get a good understanding of carbonation. I've been trying out bottling vs. keg but not consistently, this next batch I'm doing half in bottles and half force carbonation through a keg, I'm excited to do a side-by-side. I've only had one brew that was too carbonated, it was an amber that would overflow when you open it and give mostly foam when it's poured, but it still tasted fine.

Brewed up a redux of the Jade IPA, the first all-grain brew I did, which was on a pretty small scale. This time went ended with about 5.5gal, around what I normally do. It will probably be right around 5gal when the fermenting and filtering is done. I screwed up the hops, only got half as much Jade as I really needed and used centennial instead of cascade, but it's still got 9oz total after dry hopping so I think I'll be ok. The centennial vs. cascade could be an interesting twist, but it's mostly citra and jade so I don't think it's going to be too noticeable