Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: Gin Thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe215 View Post
I also look forward to the reviews especially 3 Howls!
Of the three the Griffon is by far the best for G&Ts. It has a citrus and faint vanilla profile with minimal heat or pepper. To me I think it has done the vanilla better then the OOLA(also washington based) as it is not overbearing but much more complimentary. Its layered very well with the citrus and drinks fairly easily neat.

I have to sip 3 howls a bit to get a better grasp on its profile. It has a fair bit of pepper and a little heat to it. It just didnt give me pause while drinking it.

The Spy Hop. The Spy Hop I got was not the standard release but the thimble berry. I would really like to try the others. I honestly think this gin is best enjoyed neat. It is unbelievably smooth. Drinking it neat you can get the berry in the back ground but when adding tonic it becomes muddled. Its a very delicate gin with lots of little nuances. It seems like their gins model St. Georges with some of their offerings, but having had St Georges I give the nod the spy hop for quality. I have tried it with fever tree, Q and CD. I think i will try it fentimans soon to see what it does.

if you are Vancouver do not by Urban Distillers Bear Spirits Gin. Like Botanica it is over the top with Anise. I dont like black liqourice and dont understand why sone boutique gin producers go this route.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote