View Single Post
Old 11-08-2011, 06:29 PM   #24
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Packer fan thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
I think my youngest, Timothy, hit it on the head too. "Practice once a week with full pads? Geez, I wish we had it that easy. And I'm not even paid as a high school freshman. How can you be good at hitting if you don't practice it? Maybe that's why the tackling sucked on Sunday."

Hmm? Is the new CBA part of the problem?
But it's a problem that's equally shared by all 32 teams so I refuse to use that as an excuse when there are teams out there that are tackling well. If anything, if I were to venture a guess as to why our pass defense took about 18 steps back this season from the past couple, it's the pass rush (or lack thereof). Cullen Jenkins is now registering sacks on the dream team, and there's nobody opposite Matthews to put any heat on the quarterback. Matthews had as many sacks in the first five quarters last year as he does in half a season this year. He's putting consistent pressure on the quarterback, but there's nobody there to clean it up or vice versa.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote