Still not Adjusted

First Name: Rob
Trading: (1)
Partagas
germantown rob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hottop Price Increase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moglman View Post
For me, the HT B is the best choice considering the price difference with the Quest. I think the price increase notice was provided to the distributors, but I've seen it posted in multiple places. I spent some time looking at a variety of the smaller gas roasters, but that is really out until I can make a designated location with ventilation in the garage, and that won't be soon. Most places offer green beans but Marlton Coffee offers 8 lbs. I'll ponder a bit more while I roast during this coming long weekend.

I agree the HT B is a very good value but if you want the very best coffee you can roast on a home roaster then the Quest will out preforms the HTB. Do understand the Quest has no safety features so I would not recommend this for someone just starting out with roasting. The HTB will be able to roast 2 batches in 1 hour (200-225g is what I found to be the best batch size but can be pushed to 300g sacrificing some qualities of the roast) however it is reasonable to be able to get 4 200g roasts from the quest in 1 hour (definitely 3 roasts if taking your time)

I have a commercial 1kg gas roaster in my garage and it is wonderful but expensive. I spent on crating and trucking the machine to me as much as a Quest costs plus setup of duct work and NG gas lines. I suggest if anyone plans on a large gas roaster they have it setup for natural gas if putting it in their home, the pressure of NG to a residence is not enough to get full power out of the machine.
germantown rob is offline   Reply With Quote