View Single Post
Old 07-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Just ordered a humidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aar0n View Post
I am new to the hobby of cigars but after doing some reading I figured I can handle setting up a humidor since I have nowhere to store my sticks at home. I recently ordered This Humidor from humidor vault, and so far there processing was kind of slow and shipping is taking about 5 business days. I ordered a combo set so I can get a torch lighter and some decent cutters to have at home. It also came with a 2 stick carrying case which was pretty nice.
My questions are what are the advantages of using the humidifier that comes with it(using the solution provided) and using the boveda packets or using beads?
I have found some guides and plan on following them to season the humidor once I get it and I just want to know the best way to balance humidity for my situation. Also do you recommend putting a bunch of sticks in all at once or put a few in at a time. Also how can I store my sticks until my humidor arrives.
Thanks,
-Aaron
Don't Use Glycol!!! Made That Mistake As A Newb & Almost Ruined My Cigar Collection. I Use Boveda 65%RH Packs & Shilala's Beads. Beads Are Cheaper In The Long Run. Search The Forum For Beads & Boveda Packs And That Should Help.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote