YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: Anyone Own A Kindle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnoon View Post
Yes I did, Scott. Got one for Xmas 2009.
13 months with it and I love it. I use it daily.

Tips?
One comes to mind right off the bat. When searching for Kindle books from Amazon, skip using their search engine. www.jungle-search.com is so much better.
About a month ago, I downloaded the Kindle app for my laptop. I prefer using the Kindle itself but the laptop app can come in handy.
There is also an online forum (www.kindleboards.com) which I registered for but haven't really used.
I really haven't explored much beyond the books thru Amazon. I know there are other sources for books but I have found so much classic literature (free!) that along with a few purchases I have more to read than I know what to do with.
I've learned a lot in the last few weeks. Found other search engines and a couple of sites that have a lot of books (many are free).
But the real sweet "tip" is the hack for the screensavers. Now I can look at pictures of family and friends instead of Virginia Woolf and other dead authors.
I will post details soon.