View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 03:53 PM   #6
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Rattray old gowrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Never had either of the two you have tried, was not personally a fan of Brown Clunee myself, so... take that for what it is worth.

However, you must also remember that you should not expect Brown Clunee to match up to those 2. Those 2 will have more "flavor" as there are Orientals in both, and Quiet Nights has Latakia - both of which will bring about bolder flavors than what is in Old Gowrie.

Remember that when smoking a pipe, tobacco blends with different constituent tobaccos will be like comparing apples and oranges. What I mean by that is that you must expect huge differences between Virginia/Perique blends (like Brown Clunee & Old Gowrie) and Oriental or English blends. Each will have their own distinctive flavors and should be enjoyed for what they bring to the fore.

Hope that helps!

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Being a VaPer I was expecting more of a punch of flavor. I'm still new so my knowledge is only based off of what I've read. I always assumed that aging tobaccos with stronger flavors will have better results, typically. I've read VaPers typically age really well since both of those are good aging tobaccos.
cigarmonkel is offline   Reply With Quote