wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation
Default Re: nice rums?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGD. View Post
The Ron Zacapa 15 year is on my to buy list. I had a glass several years ago at a friends house that he got up in PA. I don't remember it very well at the moment. Hoping to run across a bottle some time without having to order it.

The English Harbor 5 year. I do have a bottle of that. I have had a couple tall shots of it. The first taste has an above average bite that really sits on the tip of the tongue with a strong brown sugary taste. No real burn going down but a nice feeling of warmth. The next sip is smooth with a brown sugary caramel allspice aftertaste with no tongue bite. Waiting 5 minutes or so between sips brings back the tip of the tongue bite for me.
On a scale of 1-10 I'd put it around a 6.5/7. Overall it's a nice addition to the rum shelf.

Ron
Thanks for the reviews. I have read that English Harbor can be a great rum for the money, it just needs to oxidize a bit. I am going Thursday to pick up that bottle of Zacapa 15 yr. Hopefully I'll find some other dusties too.