View Single Post
Old 04-12-2012, 10:24 AM   #82
CigarGuy88
Good Cigar = Good Day

First Name: Steve
Trading: (38)
LGC
CigarGuy88 will become famous soon enoughCigarGuy88 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: any cyclists/roadies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opusfxd View Post
You'd think that it would be that easy. I took my TT bike in because I couldn't get the rear deraileaur working 100% so I took it to one of the bigger LBS's and the guy took it behind the shop and the first thing he did was pop the seat post up higher to fit in his clamp. My jaw dropped, I had about 90 minutes till I had a start time and he did this?

After my warm up on my road bike on site, I rode to the bathroom on the TT bike and noticed the seat slipping down (after having to adjust it and guessing). I tightened it up but in the adrenalin laden process (15 minutes to start) the seat clamp broke! I had to get my backup off the trainer, swap wheels, etc. and make it to the start.

That's why I'm nervous.
Stupid @ss mechanic is what you had there. First off if you're going to adjust it you need to tape the position if its not already taped. Second you NEED to torque down the bolt properly so you don't have the same issue you did with the seatpost sliding down. Thats why its very rare that I allow my bike out of my sight if I'm at a bike shop i'm unfamiliar with.
CigarGuy88 is offline   Reply With Quote