View Single Post
Old 05-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #1
PenguinsFan88

Default Random Question About Lighters

Hi all, first time poster here with some questions.

So I have a friend who'se used a Colibri Firebird Quorum for awhile but the other day he told me it finally bit the dust. For those of you whom are unaware about that style of lighter, the one he uses lights via a little button on the side (like how those Colibri Enterprise triple flame torches work) that you push inwards with your thumb. Due to having limited muscle range and ability and dexterity on one side because of a birth defect, my friend is unable to push down on the ignition button of most lighters with his right thumb if he's a lighter in his right hand while he's holding a cigar with his left (and perfectly fine) left hand. Yet somehow he's been able to push the side button on his Colibri Firebird Quorum with his right hand with no trouble. Practice I guess.

Anywho, do any other more reputable torch companies (i.e. Xikar) make torches that are light via buttons on the side that you would push inwards with your thumb? I was thinking of surprising him with a new (and better quality) lighter if I could find one for him that lights that in that manner so he can use it.

I do know about the Xikar Executive single jet flame lighter, but have read quite a few reviews that state it's quite unreliable. Is that true?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated guys.

P.S. To give you a clearer example of what I mean, this is the lighter that he's been using. You light it by pressing your thumb in where those 3 little lines are on the side at the top.