View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 10:23 AM   #11
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Smoker for a Newbie - Need Suggestions

Mine is made in a universal fashion so that it can be sold WITH or without, and I think they are packaged
in two separate boxes to boot. It has knockouts on it that you can pop out if you get the firebox deal.
Like I said, and so as with the Weber, if you shove the coals to one side and the meat to the other,
you can smoke the poopoo out of some meat with it. Indirect heat in this unit of mine makes for the perfect temp.
with the coals to one side, the thermometer reads in the area of 225-250 til the coals fade. Then I just start a new
load in a chimney starter and pour em in and keep on rolling if I have to. If I had wanted to pay the additional $50-80,
I could have gotten one with a firebox, but it seemed redundant to me, especially since I rarely smoke a whole grill
worth of stuff. I can smoke 3 dozen wings, then crank up the coals to grate level and squeeze the last heat out
of the coals to do a steak hot and fast. FOR ME, its perfect. For others, there are 4-5 other models that are popular
here.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote