View Single Post
Old 01-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #1
bilkay
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (3)
bilkay is on a distinguished road
Default My Favorite Cigars- Padilla Signature 1932

First of all, I've said this before but it bears saying again- I'm not as good as many of you at picking up all the subtle nuances of cigars. But, for what it's worth-

I've been a serious cigar smoker for about three years. My experience is limited to non-Cuban cigars.

Over the last three years, I've found the I prefer Nicaraguan tobacco. I like the Pepin branded cigars, and really like some of the stuff he has done for other companies- my favorites are Tatuaje brown, 601 (especially the green label), and San Cristobal (that's a Pepin blend, right?). I enjoy some of the other Pepin blends, as well.

Having said that, about a year ago, I discovered the Padilla 1932. I'm pretty sure the original version was a Pepin blend, but I'm also pretty sure that the ones I'm smoking are not the Pepin blend.

I find the 1932 to be sweet, slightly spicy, full-bodied, and complex- just an extremely well balanced blend.

I buy the samplers from CI and boxes of the Lancero from CBid when I can get 'em. The prices make the Padilla Signature 1932 an exceptional value. For me, they are as good as the Tats, San Cristobals, 601s, and Illusiones.

bilkay is offline   Reply With Quote