View Single Post
Old 01-31-2014, 01:57 PM   #1
Goldie
Bring the pain!

First Name: Drew
Trading: (13)
Bolivar
Goldie has a spectacular aura aboutGoldie has a spectacular aura about
Default One of the best days of my life.

Last year I started my own business as a bit of side work for the evenings and weekends. Nothing crazy, just screen printing and custom design work. Almost a year later we are doing better than we ever expected and I decided yesterday that I would be turning in my two week notice and going to work for myself full-time.

This morning I walked into my bosses office along with HR and handed them my letter of resignation. It simply advised of my decision to leave and my last day of employment. The boss gets rude with me and tells me that I won't be working out my two week notice and to go ahead and leave now and they will pay me for my two weeks as well as the rest of my accrued vacation time.

Fast forward to four hours later and I had a great conversation with a huge prospective client, and received a commitment from another client to move forward with contractual work until the indefinite future.

I could not be happier with my decision. The only down side...I had some dental work done last week and my mouth is still healing so I can't break out a nice cigar and really enjoy the day and all its glory.

I know that I will be working harder than ever before since I don't have the security of a guaranteed paycheck anymore, but I hope that I can find some spare time to hang around here a bit more and make it to some local HERFs and events.

To anyone who took the time to read this, I really appreciate it. I have so much joy from my commitment to my business and our new baby girl that I feel like the richest man in the world right now.

Everyone, have a great weekend. I know I will.

Drew