Thread: Hurricane Sandy
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #27
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hurricane Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth View Post
11' storm surge + 30' waves they are calling for, not sure how these numbers work together or how far off shore he is but it sounds like there is potential.
I still think he is fine, but like I said, when these winds come, they don't really gust like normal
high winds, it's an amazing phenomenon to witness, it just NEVER STOPS. And the SOUND is
unearthly. The pressure pushes and bows window glass and water goes right around the glazing and
into your home. As bad as it is going to be, I am glad that many of you will get to experience it,
and hopefully survive without a scratch or damage. It is exhilarating, scary, life-affirming. Back
to the winds, there will still be gusts, super-scary ones. But there is no calm between them, like
I said, the wind just never stops coming, its frightening and awe inspiring and way cool. If you can
do it safely, I highly recommend sitting in a sheltered space like a porch, perpendicular to the wind
direction and watching it come through. There is nothing like it.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote