View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 06:51 AM   #17
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Arturo Fuente Sun Grown Rosado magnum R52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
I was never really into Fuente cigars but I smoked a few very nice Fuente's recently including the Queen B and that combined with my love for rosado wrappers made me very curious about the latest Fuente release, the Arturo Fuente Sungrown Rosado series. I smoked the magnum R52 today, a 5x52 robusto. They are available on the Dutch market for € 8.50.

This slightly box pressed cigar has a cellophane wrapper which prevents damage during transport. The reddish Ecuadorian sungrown Sumatra rosado wrapper is mild oily and has lots of small veins. It looks great. The construction feels good and the cigar has a mild barnyard aroma. I punched the cigar and got a great draw which released a mild raisin flavor.

I taste a nice mixture of earthy flavors combined with cedar and every now and then some sweetness. After an inch I also taste a hint of chocolate an some nuts with the wood and earthy flavors.

The nut flavor gains some strength after an inch and a half. Halfway I also taste a herbal spice. The mild chocolate flavor has disappeared by then. The nut flavor becomes dominant with a nice background of earth and a herbal spiciness.

This cigar lasted me 70 minutes from start to nub. I got a decent amount of white smoke. At the beginning the cigar burned a bit crooked but it corrected itself. The ash is firm and light colored. I would call this cigar full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Absolutely!

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
Smoked One Just Now, Ferdie! Awesome Morning Smoke! Thanks Again For The Great Review, Brother!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote