View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 03:17 AM   #10
dwoodward
Gentlemen, you may smoke!

First Name: Derrick
Trading: (26)
HUpmann
dwoodward will become famous soon enoughdwoodward will become famous soon enough
Default Re: $180 for eye drops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
Did you think to ask your doctor about over the counter remedies that you could try?

Optive is an OTC that is primarily for dry eye, but it works well for many with eye allergies wherein a protective barrier makes a difference. No idea if it will work for you. If I knew what an eye allergy was - allergic to eyes? - then maybe I could help more.
That was the first thing I asked him, I've dealt with prescription stuff before and it's no fun trying to fill one when you run out suddenly and no where has any.

He said that there was medicine, but they all had very mixed results and none of them worked very well. He said the drops were cheaper and way better.

So clearly he is hugely mistaken about the price of the eye drops, because if a box of pills cost 180 bucks, I won't be paying for those either.

Also my exact condition in my eyes is called Allergic conjunctivitis, and it's not as rare as you would think it might be, it's actually rather common. When I go outside in the summer/fall I start to form small bumps under my eyelids. I've always had it but just dealt with it, well the unusual weather we have been having this year has clearly sparked something different with my allergies this year and I've been getting it so badly I can hardly see by the end of a day of work.

Wish I could find something that might make it better, life sucks when you're blind as a bat and in pain.
dwoodward is offline   Reply With Quote