F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation
Default Re: Neglected Humidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Yeah, sticks are likely toast after several years. While in a period of months you might bring them back to smokability, the flavors will likely be gone. A lot of work for llittle potential. There will be guys coming on saying how you can save them, but unless they are some truly top end sticks, it isn't worth the effort.

I would toss the sticks, and reseason the humidor as suggested by Brian, then fill her up with some new cigars.

Welcome to the Asylum!
Quote:
Originally Posted by markem View Post
Btw, with Heartfelts beads, some browning isn't any problem. They will still work just fine. Any other color and you should toss them.

Before you reseason, I'd do a thorough clean without alcohol (maybe T.G. will jump in here with advice). I'd do the reseasoning for at least 2 weeks and perhaps more. I recently reseasoned on of my humis that has been carefully maintained and did it for 4 days and have an amazing seal and rock steady RH.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadden View Post
Eh , chuck the sticks

Check the humi for mold , and start reseasoning that girl.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote