View Single Post
Old 02-08-2017, 03:08 AM   #2
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future
Default Re: Oliva Serie V Melanio torpedo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borndead1 View Post
I'm not a fan of the Oliva V. But the ratings of the Melanio have been so high that I decided to grab a couple and try them out.

Nice looking cigar. Veiny but evenly colored wrapper. Good draw.

First few draws...strong spice in the nostrils. Short, leathery finish.

About 1" in...the spice in the nostrils has taken on a woodsy flavor. Full "strength". It's a bit too much, but not intolerable.

About 2" in..."strength" has settled down a bit. The spice in the nostrils has subsided. Woodsy flavor is still present, and a bit of sweetness has crept in on the finish. Enjoying the cigar so far.

About halfway...about the same. Nice flavor, nice aroma, but not a world rocker.

A little past halfway...a slight chemical flavor on the finish. This is the same reason I didn't like the original Oliva V. Tossed the cigar just past the halfway point.

Final thoughts...this cigar was ROTT, so I will let the other one sit for a while before making a final judgment. But honestly, I didn't think all that much of this cigar overall.

According To My Friend Scott (Shilala), All The Olivas Do Great After 1-1.5 Years Of Rest. A Fantastic Cigar After That!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote