View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:47 PM   #19
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Poor mans beef stock

I love making stock from the carcass left over after making beer-can chicken. Throw the whole thing in a big stock pot with a whole onion, a handful of baby carrots, a celery stick (including the leaves) that's broke in half to better fit in the pot, a few sprigs of fresh thyme, a couple dozen peppercorns, and a handful of parsley leaves (my measurements are incredibly precise, as you can tell). Cover with water and slowly bring to a boil. Let simmer for about two hours. Strain and put into 1 cup portions. Freeze some.

I use it when making soup, rice, and gravy/sauces. My favorite things to use it in are red beans and rice, split pea soup, and chicken with white bean chili.

Last edited by Porch Dweller; 11-30-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Porch Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote