View Single Post
Old 02-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #218
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I think that is what Brent uses in competition, and not only does his stuff taste real good, he wins!

(yes, there is a difference )
The Kingsford gives a long even smoking and it's not very hot; all good for a smoker. They do not burn or look like traditional charcoal so if I were doing open pit BBQ, that would an issue... Well at that point I would just be using split logs... The best thing about Kingsford Comp is that Costco had good price on twin packs and I bought a dozen twin packs of it. Down to 5 bags.

I preload my smoker after I clean it. I take out the charcoal needed for the chimenia and store the chimenia seperate. The tarp and overall design keep the WSM very dry inside.

Apple wood is light enough that you can use straight wood along with white ash and not wait for it to become charcoal. Either two woods as logs and you're food won't end up tasting like a campfire.

I used a lot more wood vs. charcoal when I had a horizontal barrell (Smokin' Pro). The WSM is not as friendly with logs and higher flames.