Thread: linering smell
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #16
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: linering smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
Welcome to The Asylum.

1. Clothing - Cigar smell stays on clothing until you wash it. For coats/jackets, it will dissipate after time and quicker if you leave them outside.

2. Hair/Skin - Cigar smell lingers until you shower or you can wait for about a week. At that point, the cigar smell will be overpowered by body odor.

3. Breath - I use Smart Mouth mouthwash. It works very well to eliminate cigar breath.

MCS
MCS has the gist of it - all three are very important parts in getting rid of the smell. I'd add in there these things though:

1) Depending on where you smoke it might be more than just your clothes that absorb the smell. If you smoke in a B&M or other enclosed area and not outside I've noticed that my wallet, phone (case), and shoes all pick up the smoke smell as well. Generally the first thing I do when I get home from a herf is ditch my clothes (jeans, shirt, jacket - everything) in the laundry room.

2) Showering should get rid of any lingering smoke smell on your body and in your hair except for the fingers that held the cigar. I've read that if you take some cheap toothpaste (the white pasty kind) and use that as a mildly abrasive cleaner on your fingers it gets rid of that smell. I've not had success with that but that should dissipate by the next day.

3) Breath - this can be the most difficult but with the proper tools the most effective. Obviously this is where the concentration of the cigar smell will be, especially if you're all up in your gf's face. I take a three pronged approach to cigar breath management. 1) Brush your teeth and tongue 2) Scrape your tongue with a tongue scraper 3) Use Smart Mouth mouth wash.

The Smart Mouth mouth wash is a 3rd generation mouth wash. It doesn't just cover up bad breath temporarily with a minty smell but actively prevents bad breath (here is a more in depth explanation). I wouldn't use any other type of mouth wash when trying to get rid of cigar breath.