Still Watching My Back

First Name: Justin
Trading: (4)
Montecristo
Giants85 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The LGC ping lighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
I was telling the poster "if he" wanted to return the item he has 3 days and they will take care of it. I am looking at mine and there is nothing on the bottom of the lighter that has a phillips head screw. There is the small handle that you lift with your fingernail to unscrew the filler head like the ST Dupont and you recharge it very easily...screw the filler back in and wait for a couple of minutes and it lights first time. The handle is used to adjust the flame so as far as clipping, tightening or bending of anything on this item I don't see anything that is going to bind unless someone cross threads the filler back into the lighter.

Anytime I ever disputed a CC charge it was for good reasons and it was never contested.
I believe the philips head screw that they are referring to would be the one in the cap of the lighter, where the "PING" is actually originating from.

It seems that there is a strip of metal inside the cap or head of the lighter which is actually causing the PING(possibly even some sort of a bell behind it???), some adjustment/modification here could lead to a better PING.

My lighter PINGS if I hit the head, while open, with my finger.

Never seen an ST Dupont in person, is this how they generate their PING as well?
Giants85 is offline   Reply With Quote