View Single Post
Old 06-30-2019, 01:02 PM   #1
gomeitsmybday
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (5)
RA
gomeitsmybday will become famous soon enoughgomeitsmybday will become famous soon enough
Smile Heading to Chagrin Falls today!

Leaving in a couple hours to an Airbnb residence for 6 nights!

Really excited for this trip, the gf and I stopped there last year for a couple days and really loved the the small town/historic charm of the place, so we decided to book just under a weeks stay this year.

The original reason I suggested it to the gf last year is because this is where the creator of the "Calvin & Hobbes" comic strip is from. He supposedly got a lot of his inspiration for the beautiful outdoor/nature full page strips from the surrounding parks. Also, the downtown Chagrin area was featured a few times in his strip, there is one panel in particular I'll try include a photo of that panel at the bottom of this post.

Bill was known to occasionally slip signed copies of his books in at the local bookstore "Fireside Book Shop" which we will visit again this year. While he grew up and lived in Chagrin for a time, I believe he now resides somewhere closer to Cleveland now. Regardless, I'm not looking to bother the guy, as he is known to be intensely private and shuns attention & interviews. (Which I both understand and respect greatly.). But it's cool to get to visit the place that I grew up seeing portrayed in my favorite comic strip as a kid.

Another notable resident was one of the creators of National Lampoon, however his name evades me at the moment.

So yeah, really looking forward to this trip! Planning on cracking open a bottle of Glenlivet 15 yr French Oak Reserve when we get there and smoke LOTS of excellent cigars for the duration! Will try to post pictures if I happen to snap anything particularly cool.

Hope everyone else has a wonderful 4th of July week!!

gomeitsmybday is offline   Reply With Quote