View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 10:49 PM   #329
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

No biggie on the trades, and definitely not a grave brother. I really owe it to all the people here that have helped me a long my way. I'm more than happy to pay my dues and give back to the excellent people we have here on this forum by helping anyone I can that joins. Just keep posting and the world of knowledge will expand to you, until then there is always great vendors and you can always shoot me a PM. I'm on the forums like 5 hours a day, no joke.

No just take the cooler and scrub it out really good, there might be a plastic smell in there you just want to scrub that out with hot soapy water and baking soda. Wipe it down really good. Chances are there isn't but hey this is hundreds if not thousands of dollars you'll be investing over the months (years) with this hobby so why take the chances eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravelman View Post
Jeremy, Bill said it best...I bought a 150 count humi a few years back when I wanted to take this interest seriously. It was a matter of weeks before I was looking for something else to put sticks in. I have a few small coolers now, as well as ammo boxes that I have lined with spanish cedar, and they are so simple to maintain. You do not have to worry as much about leaks due to poor craftsmanship, and they seal so nicely. Good luck to You, and have fun filling it!
Sean is right, really a humidor only needs a very good seal. Anything would work, just as long as it has no smell and locks up very tight. A coolidor is great for those on a budget realizing they need A LOT of storage to warrant anything nicer being bought in the future. I started with a 300 count thinking I had all the space in the world, now it's nearly full and I "graduated" to a 120 quart cooler. I'll be seeing a few more of those in my future no doubt.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote