View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #326
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgbiscuit View Post
I was originally planning on buying a humi, but the more I search around here the more I'm convinced I should just buy a cooler and turn it into one

My only problem is that, though I've searched, I'm finding it hard to find any information for the complete newb on how to start and maintain a coolerdor.

Also how would I go about procuring some boxes for one if I don't have a B&M nearby that sells any cigars aside from maybe some swischer sweets, but I don't really fancy putting those boxes in there.
Alright brother, here's what you do.

1. Go to Walmart
2. Get a cooler, 70-150 quart pick one you think is reasonable and then buy 2 sizes bigger than that.
3. Take the cooler and clean it out with hot water and baking soda (let it dry out)
4. Buy heartfelt or shilala beads. (use their charts and round up BIG time)
5. Fill said cooler
6. Buy another one
7. Repeat.
8. Repeat some more.
9. PM me with any questions you ever have, I will answer them all.

With the beads you'll need to use a spray bottle with distilled water every 2 months and when you get them. Just read the instructions at heartfelt or shilala's beads and you'll be good as gold. Most of the people here (90%+) swear by them, including myself. Others that have huge epic aristocrats that require something else entirely.

Now as for cigars, you can use many of online vendors. Most of us will tell you cigarsatyourprice.com is the best vendor out there or the party source. Maybe towercigars or fullers pullers. Anyways just pick one and buy samplers and see what you like. Everyones tastes are different. If you have no B&M shop near you (within an hour) you're stuck ordering online. It's not a bad thing but you'll have to find out what kind of cigars you like. Maybe even buy a nice 20-25 cigar sampler from someone here at CA.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote