View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 07:42 AM   #5187
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
So, I'm thinking about going over to the dark side. I know several on here have and use Treagers, but it is unexplored territory for me as I am a stick-burner guy from way back. I need to replace the old gas grill, and was thinking about a pellet burner for the deck to give me some flexibility. How do these guys work for "grilling" steaks, burgers, chicken, etc.? I know they are pretty good at smoking/BBQing, but how long does it take them to get up to temp to sear a steak and how much fuel do they eat doing it? I guess I am looking for the pros and cons of picking one up.

Also, this would be on my wood deck. My gas grill I don't really worry about, but with a pellet burner, should I?

Thanks in advance.

Big Green Egg (ceramic cooker) or another gas grill if it's truly for quick grilling. About the only thin a BGE can't do is a quick start. Don't get me wrong I can cook on it faster than other charcoal grills for a couple reasons but not as fast as a gas grill.

But temp range? fugghedaboutit. 200 to over 1000 not a problem. Just watch them eyebrows when peeking at a pizze rolling at 900 degress.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote