View Single Post
Old 05-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #4
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cabinet humidor seasoning and beads

Two things....Weatherstripping, I think, is an over-reaction at this point. Too late to undo it now, but why did
you put it on there? Obviously the humidity loss did not prompt it, because you did it before you started
the process. Until the humidor proves that it requires adding a patch to help it do it's job, you have to
assume that maybe you added to the problem. I say this only to prove a useless point, and that is, don't over-
think it to the detriment of the "system". If I had one of those, I would also ASSUME that it was leaky, because
that has been my impression of these since I saw the first one.

In the long run I think you will not regret weather-stripping it, I just point that out because like I said,
"Why did you do it?" I think time will balance things out, but remember, by it's very nature that
humidor is not going to EVER be balanced, it's a tower. Cigars that smoke better dry can go on top,
the stovepipe draws can go in the bottom. You will find what works best as time goes by.

And I forgot what the other thing was, haha.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote