michael88n
Finger Sniffer

First Name: Michael
Trading: (3)
Punch Army (Retired)
michael88n is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legend's rating system

IMHO,

The purpose of any review is to provide a baseline for other people to compare and contrast their own tastes with another. If I agree with two or three reviews of the same person, it's likely that I'll like something else that they like. And if I find that I don't like the same cigar in the fourth review, then I'll chalk it up to a bad stick, difference in palate, or that big glass of milk that I drank right before I smoked it. Whatever.

I'm really not a fan of number systems. Some make sense and and some don't. IMO, Legend's makes sense to me.

But personally, I want to know what the entire experience was like. How did you enjoy it? Explain it to me.

I've only written two reviews, and in both I've tried to describe the smoking experience from start to finish. Use the senses of sight, smell, taste, and touch. If I could describe hoe the cigar sounds, I would try to do that as well. But I can tell you if I hear birds or trucks or music playing and how that enhances or detracts from my experience.

But no review (or reviewer) is perfect. We all know that. It's all a matter of perspective.

Cheers,
Michael

Oh, and that bit about cA and their point scale? I'll take it seriously when I read a review where they smoke something and give it a 32 or a 14. We've all smoked 'that' cigar (maybe half of it before it was tossed). Whether or not ad revenues have anything to do with it, I think is a moot point.
michael88n is offline   Reply With Quote