View Single Post
Old 05-16-2012, 08:07 AM   #1165
kaisersozei
The Homebrew Hammer

First Name: Gerard
Trading: (40)
Punch Army (Served With Honor)
kaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to allkaisersozei is a name known to all
Default Re: Homebrewers - Whats in the fermeter?

Added oak chips & bourbon to my imperial stout last night, need to let it sleep for about a month.

Have a Belgian Blond (another small batch) just finishing up primary fermentation, plan to rack over the weekend and dry hop with some dried Jasmine flowers from my yard. Should be ready in time for my daughter's birthday: when she was born, I brewed "Jackie's Jammin' Ale" to give to friends and families. She turns 18 in July, so I figured a "Jackie's Jasmine Ale" would be appropriate.

Bottled my Two-Hearted Ale clone over the weekend. The Bell's yeast gave me close to an 80% attenuation, way past my expectation, so I probably should have mashed a bit higher than 148. Hopefully it's not too dry, but it tasted great coming out of the secondary.

Need to bottle MixMash#2 this weekend.

Next up is a Rosemary Saison, and I've planned to return to my brewing roots with one of my first ESB recipes that I found archived on an old hard drive.

And I had to buy two fermenters for my wife--she has 6.5gal of pinot noir taking up space in one of my bottles. Can't have that!

Been a busy time around Castle Hollow Brewery...

kaisersozei is offline   Reply With Quote