View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 10:31 AM   #460
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Packer fan thoughts

I must admit, I am not all that confident, even in Lambeau, that the Packers can beat the Vikings - or anybody else. The defense is definitely not up to snuff.

A few years ago, everybody said how good the defense was. They were not. They allowed more yards running and passing than just about anybody else. They were however, great in takeaways. While that is nice, you cannot depend on takeaways to win games, they may not happen. That approach is to rely upon the weaknesses of other teams offenses.

This year we cannot stop anybody consistently, and the number of takeaways being generated isn't helping.

I don't see myself as a pessimist (although that is the label my sons have given me). I am trying to be honestly critical though, and maybe it might be a bit over-critical. But, I'd rather be surprised than disappointed.