View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #37
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Robusto "D" Reviews/Discussion

What did you all smoke?

Here's the revelation and my review.

Quesado Tributo Julio

0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior

1) Aesthetics: These are gorgeous cigars looked beautiful sporting and oily, dark, smooth wrapper. There was one which had the bumps of the binder showing through.

Score for aesthetics: 4.6

2) Pre-light Construction: These are solid from head to foot, I have yet to find one with a soft spot. Pre-light, these have a sweet flavor with the solid taste of tobacco, and it appears that the draw should be firm, but fairly easy.

Score for Pre-light construction: 4.5

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: As it started, the draw was fairly consistent and easy. These burned with an even burn, and a firm ash help for a good inch and a half.

Score for post-light construction: 4.0

4) Flavor and strength: This starts out with some coffee and spice. Predominantly, this cigar tastes of cinnamon, some hints of leather, citrus, cedar, and occasional hints of chocolate. This is a medium-bodied cigar but the flavors are wonderful .

Score for flavor and strength: 4.6

5) Aftertaste/Finish: I like the finish on this cigar as it is smooth, slightly mild, lingering only for a short time, and tastes of mild coffee and cinnamon.

Score for aftertaste: 3.7
6) Aroma: I enjoyed the room note immensely. It is not the “stink” of a cigar, but pleasant, slightly sweet, with hints of nut and cinnamon.
Score for aroma: 4.6

7) General Comments: I like these. These are not the fullest bodied cigars, but they are good smokes. I enjoy that they are milder than so many other smokes today, and that they have some nice distinct flavors.

Overall score for the cigar. 4.5

8) Recommendation: I have these in my humidor, and will keep some in stock as they are a nice change of pace when I want a milder cigar, but want one with nice flavors. I do recommend these.