Thread: Opus X Question
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2015, 05:12 PM   #22
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Opus X Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua View Post
I don't know what you heard but it was college and it was only once, maybe three times, but that was it!

Seriously though my local B&M will let me know when they have 'special' items coming in or a heads up on events before they are advertised, I'm not in there every day but I am friendly with the owner and guys that work there, I always make sure to buy a couple sticks when I'm in or I'll bring them a CC now and then, surprisingly they don't have a lot of access to those (at least not these guys) so they are always greatly appreciated. So I agree with the disagreement there are many different variables to take into account.

I'll even give an example, when the FFPs were the "in" stick, I asked about them and was told they didn't have any left but their other store might have a couple and was told he would check when he was there the next day. I didn't really think much of it, I didn't expect him to remember because again I'm not an every day or every other day customer, yet a few days later when I went back he had one behind the counter for me and even gifted it to me.

Oh and if you all find yourselves in the San Diego area, might I suggest Churchill's Cigar Lounge
Well, it sounds like you have an "IN", so to speak, with your B&m. Good For You! Stay with them and you should do well.