View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #11
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I Got To See A 3D Printer Last Night...

Scott, I agree with you completely, but I'd bet ya that they'll have machines capable of mind-blowing processes in just a few years, working with a vast array of materials. Especially considering how fast tech moves ahead nowadays, and the endless opportunities for plugging these machines into so many areas of manufacturing.

They'll easily displace cnc in many arenas, but in mass production environments it'd be really hard to beat CNC. For specialty shops that do a lot of one-offing, high-quality 3d printing would save a huge amount of time and bring costs way down. Think car parts and other fabrication-type outfits. The uses are endless. It truly boggles.

I'm fascinated by it. I'll definitely be watching as this moves ahead.