AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (40)
AlohaStyle will become famous soon enough
Default Re: College Football 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
It's cool that the BCS system actually worked and there's no fight over who's #1.
I very much enjoyed the playoff format and the Ohio State win, but mostly I enjoyed the quality of the games leading up to last nite.
I don't remember there ever being so many excellent games.

Agreed but there isn't a BCS anymore. That's why it worked this year, no BCS system which was terrible IMO.

I've been wanting some sort of playoff system for awhile now and glad we finally got it. It's too bad a team like TCU didn't make the playoffs, but after much thought, I think 4 teams vs 8 is just right. Most years 4 teams would be enough to choose a champion out of. If you stretch it to 8, I think that lessens the meaning of the regular season too much. Sure a #7 or #8 seeded team could get hot and run the table to win the championship, but that would probably mean a 2 or 3 loss team does it. I think choosing 4 and giving them a playoff is the best compromise even though some years a team like TCU will be left out.

No matter how many teams are in a playoff, there will always be people *****ing about that next team that didn't make it and how they got snubbed. lol
AlohaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote