Feeling at Home

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Cohiba
swingerofbirches will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Pumping Iron with Zemekone and Icehog3 II

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I've been enjoying watching you and the squat program, Charlie, don't know if I've ever seen anything like it. You will always be King Squat to me, even if you decide to pull the plug at 32.

EDIT; Just re-read that, I just want to emphasize that "King Squat" is a good thing.
LOL i'll take it as a compliment then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriftpanda View Post
I want to bench for 100 straight days...
Cory Gregory (same guy who did SED) just released a new series called "Bench Most Days" ... maybe you should check it out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Your shoulders would fall off.
This is what I was thinking too lol. The only reason I think i'm liking SED as much as I am is because i'm lower half dominant to begin with but I feel like my shoulders and elbows would completely disolve after a week of Bench Every (or even most) days. LOL
That said, Huy is obviously much stronger than me when it comes to upper body so i'd be really interested to see his results if he gave it a try!

I've been thinking about different routines for when i go away from SED and i'm putting together a compound movement based routine that will still have me squatting 3-4x/wk, deads 2x/wk, good mornings 2x/wk, bench 2x/wk & OHP 2x/wk ... with only a small amount of supplemental lifting. The idea being "bang for buck" since I do wanna be able to devote a good bit of time to cardio and burning fat.
Example ...
Monday = Squat & Bench (minimal supp lifts after)
Tuesday = Deads & Barbell Rows (minimal supp)
Wed = Good Mornings & OHP (minimal supp)
Thur = Squat & Bench (supp tricep work)
Fri = Deads & Barbell Rows (supp bicep work)
Sat = Squat (light)
Sun = Squat (light)

Still thinking it through ... might make Sunday a full rest day ... just throwing a rough schedule out there to get some thoughts.

Last edited by swingerofbirches; 06-11-2015 at 08:50 AM.
swingerofbirches is offline   Reply With Quote