View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 01:11 PM   #600
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Gardeners in the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by azar View Post
Roma and big boy are the types I am planting plenty of grow time just getting impatient! Beds are 59* showing moist. Ambiant T* is 56* right now...
Nice varieties Mack! If I had the dirt area that some of you do, I'd be a planting fool and shoving asparagus, tomaters, and such in the ground... Right now, I have a couple of columnar apple trees that you see in the foreground. Not too much columnar shape as I've allowed them to spread out a tad. The one in the foreground has "sets" of marble size fruit at this time:

I have two tomato plants in containers. The one on the left is Celebrity (determinate variety) and the one on the right is Big Beef (indeterminate variety). Big Beef was a mistake. I wanted two Celebrities and pulled two out of the "Celebrity" box. When I got home and checked the tags, I saw that someone had misplaced a variety in the Celebrity area. Oh well, we'll have to run with Big Beef and see how it looks in a couple of months. Both plants are already setting fruit:

And then, my pride and joy I've been nurturing since 2004, as it developed from small pieces of bark (about 12" L x 5" W), is the Stag Horn plant:

I've been thinking about bring in a couple of 28" pots (similar to what the columnar apples are sitting in) to increase tomatoes, but I'll wait till next season on that...