View Single Post
Old 03-19-2014, 09:12 AM   #8
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Re: 2014 Tatuaje Black CG in the Jar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
I'm halfway through my second. I have to say I'm rather disappointed in these. They're pretty darn green, which ain't a good thing, but something that can be worked with, the jars are clearly not melamine which they're marketed as(not a huge issue, but still, its BS to market them as such), plus wrapper issues galore. My first one didnt make it past the cutter before a one inch crack down from the cap came about. This second one had a small crack under the band, which wasn't a huge issue, but let me take it out the damaged pile at work, and unfortunately that wasn't even the half of it. About half an inch in a nice half inch crack came at the foot, plus the wrapper leaf at the halfway point cracked and started to try and unravel, and the crack with that only got worse, peaking at a 2 inch crack down the side of the SOB, and as I type this a crack just showed up a quarter inch from the bottom of the cap. Not to mention, I didn't even really cut it, just used my fingernail to pry the cap right at the little bump on the cap, out of fear it would crack again.
Interesting, I am halfway thru the pre-release bundle I picked up and had some wrapper issues on three or four of them. Not to the extent that you had but I was wondering if they need more humidity when I was having issues. I typically keep my tower at 65% which is usually the sweet spot for any Pepin/Tat stick. Being so tightly packed probably isn't helping either. I have a jar coming so we shall see how they smoke but the pre-releases are smoking beautifully right now.